Electricity supplies have been restored throughout Turkey and an investigation launched into the causes of the hours-long outage, Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yildiz has said.
Yildiz, who was speaking in Bratislava as he accompanied Recep Tayyip Erdogan on the Turkish president's official visit to Slovakia on Tuesday, cut short his visit and said he would share any kind of information on the causes of blackout such with the public.
He said the blackout was not connected to Turkey's energy supplies.
He said "Turkey's installed power is 70,000 megawatts, the maximum electricity demand point is 43,000 megawatts and the demand at the time of the blackout was 33,000 megawatts."
"Thus, Turkey had the capacity to supply electricity even during the maximum demand." Yildiz added.
The power cut which hit the whole country earlier on Tuesday, including the capital Ankara and biggest city, Istanbul.
Yildiz also added the blackout was not related to a hostage crisis involving a prosecutor in Istanbul.
By Muhsin Baris Tiryakioglu