HATAY
Turkish Justice Minister Sadullah Ergin has said on Monday's blast at the southern Cilvegozu Border Gate that a Syria registered vehicle entered Turkey and its target was the civilians.
Speaking at a press conference following his survey at the scene at the Cilvegozu border gate in southern province of Hatay, Ergin said 13 people got killed and 26 others were injured when a car bomb parked 21 meters from the border gate detonated.
He said the vehicle came from Syria and parked 21 meters from the border gate 20 minutes before the blast. Ergin said it was clear that the vehicle was not registered in Turkey. Ergin said important information was collected by the security forces and they would be soon shared with the public.
Considering the blast venue Ergin said the attack seemed to have targeted civilians.
He said the type of the bomb was not found out yet.
Turkey's Customs & Trade Minister Hayati Yazici said the security measures would be raised at the customs and an x-ray device would be placed at Cilvegozu soon.
He said humanitarian aid would continue to be sent via border after the security forces conclude their job there.
Earlier on Monday, a blast occurred in a minibus carrying a Syrian plate left 13 people killed and 27 others injured at Cilvegozu border gate. Among victims, there were Turkish and Syrian citizens.
Justice Minister Sadullah Ergin, Customs & Trade Minister Hayati Yazici and Interior Minister Muammer Guler surveyed the blast scene in Cilvegozu border gate near southern Hatay city on Monday.
Meanwhile, the road to Cilvegozu border gate was closed due to security concerns.