By Mustafa Onal
The state has a good idea who is behind Saturday’s deadly terrorist attack in Kayseri, central Turkey, the province’s governor said Monday.
Governor Suleyman Kamci told reporters Monday that 15 suspects have been detained under the ongoing investigation into the attack, which martyred 14 soldiers and wounded 55 others.
"This doesn't mean that all 15 suspects are guilty. There are probably one-three culprits. So additional detentions might be on the way," he said.
Kamci added that 15 of the soldiers injured were discharged from the hospital earlier Monday, while the rest, including three seriously wounded, are still being treated.
On Saturday, a suicide car bomb attack hit a public bus in the city in Kayseri, martyring 14 soldiers and wounding 55 others.
According to Turkish authorities, all signs point towards the PKK terrorist group being involved in the attack.
The PKK – listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the EU – resumed its decades-old armed campaign in July 2015. More than 300 civilians and about 850 security personnel since have been martyred. More than 9,000 PKK terrorists have been killed or apprehended.
Earlier this month TAK, a PKK affiliate terrorist group, claimed responsibility for the Dec. 12 Istanbul twin bombings that martyred 44 people, including 36 police officers, and wounded 155 others.