Qatar prepares to send 1,400 mobile homes for quake victims in Türkiye
Qatar pledged 10,000 mobile homes to quake victims
Qatar is preparing to ship 1,400 mobile homes for the victims of the Feb. 6 earthquake disaster in Türkiye.
"A new shipment of 1,400 mobile homes will be loaded on six ships as of today,” Turkish Ambassador in Doha, Mustafa Goksu, told Anadolu on Monday.
“The Turkish Embassy is cooperating with the Qatar Fund for Development to deliver the entire mobile homes as soon as possible," he said.
Qatar has pledged 10,000 mobile homes to the victims of the violent earthquakes that struck Türkiye and Syria.
The first batch of 306 fully equipped homes arrived in Türkiye on Feb. 12.
"The number of Qatari aircraft carrying urgent aid supplies to Türkiye has so far reached 40," the Turkish diplomat said.
At least 41,156 people were killed and 105,505 others injured in two powerful earthquakes that rocked southern Türkiye on Feb. 6, according to the latest official figures.
The 7.7- and 7.6-magnitude earthquakes, centered in the Kahramanmaras province, affected more than 13 million people across 11 provinces, including Adana, Adiyaman, Diyarbakir, Gaziantep, Hatay, Kilis, Malatya, Osmaniye, Elazig and Sanliurfa.
In Syria, at least 5,840 people have been killed in the deadly earthquakes.
*Ikram Imane Kouachi contributed to this reportAnadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.