Middle East

1 killed as Israeli drone hits motorcycle in southern Lebanon

Drone fires missile at motorcycle in Nabatieh, local media says

Naim Berjawi and Rania Abu Shamala  | 31.08.2025 - Update : 31.08.2025
1 killed as Israeli drone hits motorcycle in southern Lebanon

BEIRUT/ISTANBUL

A Lebanese civilian was killed Sunday in an Israeli drone strike in southern Lebanon, in the latest violation of last year’s ceasefire agreement, local media said.

The drone fired a missile at a motorcycle on a main road in Nabatieh district, the state news agency NNA reported.

The attack was the latest in a series of airstrikes launched by Israeli warplanes targeting several areas in southern Lebanon on Sunday, including Ali al-Taher and Kfar Tebnit in Nabatieh district, causing fires and damage to homes.

Israel launched a military offensive in Lebanon on Oct. 8, 2023, which escalated into a full-scale war by September 2024, killing more than 4,000 people and injuring around 17,000.

A ceasefire was reached in November, but Israeli forces have conducted near-daily attacks in southern Lebanon, claiming to target Hezbollah activities.

Under the truce, Israel was supposed to fully withdraw from southern Lebanon by Jan. 26, but the deadline was extended to Feb. 18 after Tel Aviv refused to comply. Israel still maintains a military presence at five border outposts.

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
Related topics
Bu haberi paylaşın