5 killed, 13 injured in twin blasts in Mogadishu
3 suspects linked to the attack have been held, according to police
By Mohammed Adam
At least five people, including three soldiers were killed and 13 others wounded when twin bomb blasts targeted a busy restaurant in the Somali capital Mogadishu on Saturday, according to government officials.
Abdifatah Omar Hallane, a spokesman for Banadir region in Mogadishu, told Anadolu Agency by phone: "It was rush hour when the bomb exploded…The wounded were rushed to Daru-shifa and Madina hospitals."
Mohamud Yousuf Hassan, a police captain, also confirmed the blasts.
"The bomb blasts were twin landmine explosions,” Hassan said, adding that three suspects linked to the attack had been held.
So far, no individual or group has claimed responsibility for the attack; however, the Somali militant group, al-Shabaab, often claims responsibility for such attacks.
This is the third such attack in five days. On Monday, al-Shabaab attacked a hotel and a security checkpoint in Mogadishu that left at least 10 people dead.Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.