ISTANBUL
Violence has not stopped in Syria even one month after a cease fire declared within the scope of Annan plan.
A UN observers delegation sent to the country also did not help ending the violence.
Although 32 days have passed after the cease fire, al-Assad forces are continuing on bombing and opening fire on civilians.
At least 169 people have been killed since April 12, the date cease fire was declared.
Syrian people, who are escaping from violence, are taking shelter in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon.
The number of Syrians who escaped from their country increased from 120,000 to 150,000 after the cease fire.
UN-Arab League Special Envoy to Syria Kofi Annan presented a peace plan in March. The six-point peace plan includes demands for a cease fire, the immediate withdrawal of heavy armor from residential areas and access for humanitarian aid.
The plan was presented to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on March 10 and accepted by him on March 27.
The cease fire came into effect on April 12, but although the overall level of violence has dropped since then, al-Assad's government has been accused of failing to abide by key terms of the truce plan, including pulling all forces from urban areas and allowing peaceful demonstrations.
The UN currently has 113 unarmed observers under its Supervision Mission to Syria (UNSMIS).
The UN says about 9,000 people have died in Syria since pro-democracy protests began in March 2011.
Recently, in its news release, UNSMIS said that, so far, it has 113 personnel from 38 countries, including 70 Military Observers and 43 civilian staff members, on the ground. The Mission currently operates from five bases in different parts of Syria, besides Damascus, with eight Military Observers and three Civilian staff members deployed in Homs, and four Military Observers each in Hama, Idleb, Dar’a and Aleppo.