ISTANBUL
A SRGC statement said that eight people were killed in Idlib, 6 in Hama, 5 in Homs, 4 in and around Damascus, 2 each in Daraa and Deir ez-Zor on Thursday.
The commission said that three of five people in Homs were killed by torture.
SRGC also said that blasts were heard in downtown Homs.
More than 14,000 people, the majority of them civilians, have died since the Syrian uprising began in March 2011, according to the Observatory, including 1,000 people killed since the truce came into effect.
UN-Arab League Special Envoy to Syria Kofi Annan presented a peace plan in March. The six-point peace plan includes demands for a ceasefire, the immediate withdrawal of heavy armor from residential areas and access for humanitarian aid.
The plan was presented to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on March 10 and accepted by him on March 27.
The ceasefire came into effect on April 12, but although the overall level of violence has dropped since then, al-Assad's government has been accused of failing to abide by key terms of the truce plan, including pulling all forces from urban areas and allowing peaceful demonstrations.