DONETSK, Ukraine
Observers from the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe have reached the site where Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crashed in Ukraine, killing all 298 people aboard.
Michael Bociurkiw, a spokesman for Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), said on Saturday a team had reached the site in Donetsk, as uncertainty surrounds the whereabouts of the aircraft's two "black box" flight recorders.
He said the process of removal of the bodies would take a long time as they had been dispersed over a radius of about 10 km, and there were few people working at the scene.
He said masked and armed pro-Russian separatists stand guard in many roads leading to the area looked disorganized and the area had not been sufficiently cordoned off.
The OSCE team will continue its work on Sunday, he added.
Ukrainian rescue workers have found 186 bodies at the site in eastern Ukraine, state emergency officials have confirmed.
The Malaysian airliner - with 283 passengers and 15 crew members on board - was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur before it came down on Thursday morning.
www.aa.com.tr/en