SANAA
At least 35 people were killed in a car bomb on Wednesday morning outside a police academy in capital Sanaa, a senior police officer has said.
The bomb went off as a group of student applicants had gathered to enroll at the academy.
Sanaa Police Chief Abdel-Aziz al-Qudsi said that another 68 people had been injured, according to the Interior Ministry's website.
No group has yet claimed responsibility, but the government typically blames such attacks on Al-Qaeda-linked militants, who recently carried out a spate of attacks on Yemeni security personnel.
President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, for his part, condemned "all forms of terrorism" and vowed to bring the attackers to justice.
Yemen's parliament also denounced the bombing, calling on all Yemenis to join the fight against terrorism, violence and extremism.
Fractious Yemen has remained in the throes of turmoil since the ouster of long-serving President Ali Abdullah Saleh in 2012.
The Shiite Houthi group recently took control of Sanaa and has since tried to extend its influence to other parts ofthe country.
This has pitted the movement against local Sunni tribes and Al-Qaeda, which is said to remain active in Yemen.