Formula 1 fever to hit Spain this weekend
6th race of season set for Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, with Mercedes' Hamilton leading championship with 3 wins
Race 6 in the Grand Prix of the 2020 Formula 1 World Championship is set for sunny Spain this weekend.
The 66-lap Grand Prix will be raced at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on a track 4.66 kilometers (2.89 miles) long.
The qualifying round will start at 1300GMT on Saturday, with the race beginning at 1310GMT on Sunday.
Mercedes' British driver Lewis Hamilton, with three victories under his belt, now leads the championship with 107 points.
Red Bull's Dutch driver Max Verstappen also came first in the British Grand Prix and Mercedes' Finnish driver Valtteri Bottas won the season-opening race in the Austrian Grand Prix.
2020 driver standings:
1. Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain): 107 points
2. Max Verstappen (Netherlands): 77
3. Valtteri Bottas (Finland): 73
4. Charles Leclerc (Monaco): 45
5. Lando Norris (Great Britain): 38
2020 constructor standings:
1. Mercedes: 180
2. Red Bull: 113
3. Ferrari: 55
4. McLaren: 53
5. Racing Point: 41Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.