Muhammed Enes Calli
06 January 2022•Update: 06 January 2022
ANKARA
Serbian tennis star Novak Djokovic was allowed to remain in Australia since his court hearing was adjourned until Monday.
The court will decide on Monday on his entry into the country.
Nine-time Australian Open champion Djokovic was denied entry into Australia after his visa was canceled for failing to comply with COVID-19 requirements.
After he landed at Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport, Djokovic was quizzed by Border Force late on Wednesday on his visa status.
The 34-year-old player now remains under immigration detention at the Park Hotel in Melbourne.
Djokovic is still refusing to reveal whether or not he is vaccinated against the coronavirus.
On Tuesday, Djokovic said on Instagram that he was granted a medical exemption from having a coronavirus vaccination to take part in the 2022 Australian Open.
"I've spent fantastic quality time with my loved ones over the break and today I'm heading down under with an exemption permission," the World No. 1 tennis player previously said on social media.
Australian Open chief Craig Tiley previously said that all participants, including players at the tournament, should be vaccinated against the coronavirus or receive a medical exemption from an independent panel of experts.
The 2022 Australian Open -- the first Grand Slam of the year -- will be held on Jan. 17-30 in Melbourne.