GAZA CITY, Palestine
Israeli warplanes on Saturday destroyed a building in Gaza City with offices of various media groups, including Al Jazeera and the Associated Press.
- Israel fully responsible for continued attacks on Gaza civilians: Hamas
- Land operation would be disaster for Israel: Hamas figure
- Israel launches fresh attacks on Gaza
- Israel seals off coastal areas amid rocket attacks from Gaza
An Anadolu Agency correspondent reported that several Israeli missiles hit the Al-Jala Tower.
The 13-story building, one of Gaza’s oldest multistory buildings, had a total of 60 units, including offices of media companies, legal firms, and doctors.
Offices of Mayadeen Company for media services, radio station of Voice of Prisoners, and Doha Media Center were among the media offices destroyed by the Israeli shelling.
Israel has destroyed at least 4 multistory buildings since it launched air strikes on the Gaza Strip this past Monday.
At least 139 people, including 39 children and 22 women, have been killed and 950 more injured in the Israeli attacks on Gaza.
* Ahmed Asmar contributed to this report from AnkaraAnadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.