Said Amori
10 April 2026•Update: 10 April 2026
The Israeli army said Friday that two soldiers were wounded by shrapnel from an explosive drone that fell near its forces in southern Lebanon.
In a statement, the army said one soldier was seriously wounded, while another sustained light injuries.
At least 411 Israeli soldiers have been wounded since the start of the war with Iran and Lebanon in late February, including 27 in serious condition and 60 moderately wounded, according to the latest official figures released by the army on Wednesday.
The Israeli army typically does not specify the locations of casualties, but it has previously reported that dozens of soldiers have been injured since the start of its offensive on Lebanon on March 2.
The army says it is facing heavy resistance from Hezbollah fighters in southern Lebanon.
The Israeli army has continued its widened assault on Lebanon since Wednesday, killing at least 303 people and injuring 1,150 others, according to the Lebanese Civil Defense.
A US State Department official told Anadolu on Thursday that the US will host direct talks between Israel and Lebanon next week as part of ongoing ceasefire negotiations.
US President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced a two-week ceasefire with Iran, saying Tehran presented a “workable” 10-point proposal for negotiations.
*Writing by Rania Abushamala in Istanbul