Health authorities in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar confirmed additional fatalities due to the novel coronavirus on Monday.
In a statement, the Iraqi Health Ministry said 94 people had died from COVID-19, pushing the nationwide death toll to 2,567.
The virus has also sickened 1,796 more people, bringing the total infections to 62,275.
In Saudi Arabia, the Health Ministry recorded 52 more deaths and 4,207 cases over the past 24 hours.
The kingdom’s count now stands at 1,968 deaths and 213,716 infections and 149,634 recoveries.
In Oman, five more people lost their lives to the pandemic, while 1,557 tested positive for the virus, according to the Health Ministry.
Health authorities in the Gulf state have so far confirmed 47,735 confirmed cases, including 218 deaths, and 29,146 recoveries.
The Kuwaiti Health Ministry also said five patients died from the virus, while 703 new cases were recorded.
Kuwait’s tally now stands at 50,644 cases, including 373 deaths, and 41,000 recoveries.
In Qatar, the Health Ministry confirmed five more fatalities due to the virus and 546 new infections.
According to the ministry, the country’s total infections rose to 100,345, including 133 deaths, and 93,898 recoveries.
Since originating in China last December, the pandemic has claimed over 534,000 lives in 188 countries and regions.
More than 11.4 million cases have been reported worldwide, while over 6.1 million patients have recovered so far, according to figures compiled by the US' Johns Hopkins University.
*Bassel Barakat contributed to this report from AnkaraAnadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.