Eni signed separate oil and natural gas exploration and production agreements with three different countries, Oman, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the Italian energy giant announced with in recent statements.
The company said in a statement on Monday that it entered into an exploration and production sharing agreement (EPSA) with the Government of the Sultanate of Oman for the onshore Block 47.
Located in the Omani A’Dakhiliyah Governorate and covering approximately 8,524 square kilometers, the exploration operations are scheduled to begin this year.
While Eni will be the operator of the block with a 90 percent interest, Oman Oil Company Exploration and Production (OOCEP) will hold the remaining 10 percent interest.
In addition, Eni said it signed another deal with BP and Oman's Ministry of Oil and Gas to set up principles for the acquisition of the exploration and production rights of the onshore Block 77. This block covers 3,100 square kilometers, and is located 30 kilometers east of Khazzan Field.
Eni and BP each hold a 50 percent interest in the block, while Eni will act as the operator during the exploration phase.
- Offshore agreement in Bahrain
Eni announced Sunday in a separate statement that it signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the National Oil and Gas Authority of the Kingdom of Bahrain to explore oil in the offshore Block 1.
The area of 2,800 square kilometers remains "still largely unexplored, located in the northern territorial waters of the Kingdom of Bahrain with water depth ranging from 10 meters up to 70 meters," the statement said.
"This MoU and the exploration in Block 1 will allow Eni to start cooperating and investing in a country that was one of the first in the Gulf to produce oil and which now aims at unveiling its offshore potential," Eni CEO Claudio Descalzi said in the statement.
-Onshore deal in U.A.E.
Eni announced in a different statement on Sunday that it was awarded Areas A, B & C in onshore exploration concession agreements in the U.A.E.
Concession Area A and C cover an area of 437 and 1,184 square kilometers, respectively, in which Eni will act as the operator with a 75 percent stake, while the U.A.E.'s Sharjah National Oil Corporation (SNOC) will act as partner with a 25 percent share.
In concession Area B, which covers 264 square kilometers, SNOC will act as the operator with 50 percent participating interest, and Eni will hold a 50 percent stake.
"Today's awards are a further confirmation of our willingness to root our presence in the Middle East by creating long-term strategic partnerships," Descalzi said in the statement.
-Deal with Abu Dhabi Emirate
The Italian company said in a different statement on Saturday that it has signed two deals with the Emirate of Abu Dhabi -- one of seven emirates that constitute the U.A.E.
The two concession agreements provide Eni a 70 percent stake in the offshore Block 1 and offshore Block 2 exploration areas for 35 years duration, while a consortium that includes Thailand’s PTT Exploration and Production Company Limited will hold the remaining 30 percent share.
"The two blocks, located in the north-west of Abu Dhabi Emirate, are the first blocks to be awarded among those that were offered for commercial bidding by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) in April 2018 as part of Abu Dhabi’s first-ever open block licensing strategy," the statement said.
"ADNOC has an option to hold a 60 percent stake, following a commercial discovery," it added.
By Ovunc Kutlu