French driver Ogier wins world rally title
Sebastien Ogier clinches his 7th FIA World Rally Championship title in 8 years
France's Sebastien Ogier won the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) title for the 7th time in eight years after he won the Rally Monza in Italy on Sunday.
"I'm very happy! I think we've done a good job this season. The #YarisWRC has been fantastic and it's such a pleasure to drive! Thank you @TGR_WRC and very well done. I'm looking forward to the future together!" Ogier said on Twitter.
Ogier of the Toyota Gazoo team won Sunday's race by finishing 16 laps in 2 hours, 15 minutes and 51 seconds.
The Hyundai Shell Mobis team's Ott Tanak trailed 13.9 seconds behind Ogier to be the runner-up, while Tanak's teammate Dani Sordo came in third as he finished the race 15.3 seconds behind Ogier.
1. Sebastien Ogier (France) - 122 points
2. Elfyn Evans (Great Britain) - 114
3. Ott Tanak (Estonia) - 105
4. Thierry Neuville (Belgium) - 87
5. Kalle Rovanpera (Finland) - 80Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.