Six Palestinians were killed Saturday in the West Bank cities of Ramallah, Jericho, Qalqilya and Hebron from gunfire by Israeli soldiers, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.
Among the dead were Ahmed Abdunnasir er-Rabi, 3 and Basim Hamis, 18.
The Palestinian Red Crescent announced that teams assisted 92 people who were injured in East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
It was reported that the Israeli military used live ammunition and tear gas canisters against Palestinians.
Hamas launched Operation Al Aqsa Flood on Saturday and said its surprise attack was in response to the storming of the Al-Aqsa Mosque and increased settler violence. It said it fired rockets and captured many Israelis.
In turn, the Israeli army initiated Operation Swords of Iron against Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said we are "at war." He urged civilians in Gaza to leave as the Israeli military is going to turn "all Hamas hiding places into rubble."
At least 232 Palestinians have been killed in the attacks, according to medical sources in Gaza, while the Israeli death toll climbed to 300.
More than 3,000 rockets have been launched by Hamas toward Israel since morning, according to the Israeli army.
It acknowledged soldiers had been captured and taken hostage into Gaza, and confirmed that more than 1,000 Israelis were injured, in a statement on X.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.