Turkey's Net Sans-Hitay consortium on Tuesday won the tender bid for the operating rights to the national lottery for up to 10 years.
The Turkish government will assess the value of the consortium's bid of $2.755 billion to decide whether or not to approve it.
During the open bidding, Turkish Lottery Holding B.V., Erg-Ahlatci consortium and Net Sans-Hitay were the only sides which filed bids for the operating rights to the national lottery, widely known as Milli Piyango.
Turkey’s national lottery reached over 2.2 billion Turkish liras of sales revenue from its online and retail products in 2012.
The license is planned to be granted on a revenue share basis to an operator/licensee. This share is planned as 25 percent of the annual revenue from lottery sales (after deduction of VAT), and 28 percent for other revenues.
"We will make a very successful business with our partner Hitay investment," Orlando Kalumenos, Net Holding's Chief Financial Officer said. "We will provide a better service by using technology, particularly the internet and mobile devices, in line with our responsibility."
The total amount of completed privatization processes in the first half of 2014 exceeded $1.6 billion, official data shows.
According to data collected from Privatization Administration, Turkey earned more than $1.2 billion from 116 privatization tenders so far this year.
The largest privatization of this year was the sale of GALATAPORT with a price of $702 million, followed by a property in Istanbul owned by treasury with a price of $482 million.
On April 27, Turkey's Finance Minister Mehmet Simsek said that Turkey generated over $12.5 billion from privatized assets in 2013, outdistancing the estimated target of $4 billion
Turkish economy gained more than $60 billion from privatized assets since the ruling Justice and Development Party came to power in 2002.
www.aa.com.tr/en