1st billion cubic meters of gas supplied via TurkStream
Turkish gas market receives 54% of one billion cubic meters of supplied gas
Gazprom supplied its first billion cubic meters of gas via the TurkStream gas pipeline, the company announced late Monday.
The Russian company said that of that amount, about 54% went to the Turkish gas market while the remaining 46% was delivered to the Turkey-Bulgaria border.
TurkStream is an export gas pipeline stretching from Russia to Turkey across the Black Sea with a design capacity of 31.5 billion cubic meters of gas per year.
Commercial supplies via the gas pipeline commenced on Jan. 1, 2020.
On Jan. 8, the presidents of Russia and Turkey held a grand opening ceremony for the TurkStream pipeline in Istanbul.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.