By Mohamed Tahiri
Not a single case of cholera has been registered throughout Morocco, the country’s Health Ministry said Tuesday.
In a statement, the ministry said it had adopted “a raft of precautionary measures” with a view to preventing the disease’s emergence in the North African country.
The ministry went on to assert that no cases of cholera had been documented in Morocco since 1997.
The ministry made the assertions amid mounting reports of cholera cases elsewhere in the region.
Last week, next-door Algeria announced two cholera-related deaths, while also recording 46 confirmed cases -- and 139 suspected cases -- of the disease.Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.