Thirty people were killed and scores more injured in three explosions which hit a government-held district in central Homs, local sources have told Anadolu Agency.
The sources said the first blast on Monday took place when a suicide bomber detonated his explosive belt after a gunshot caused crowding in a square in Al-Zahraa district.
This first explosion was followed by a car bomb and an improvised explosive device which went off in the same area.
The death toll is expected to rise due to the attack’s severity.
Earlier this month, Daesh claimed responsibility for a car bomb attack in the same district which left 25 people dead.