Inter Milan’s Hakimi tests negative for COVID-19
Retest of 21-year-old Moroccan midfielder comes back negative, says Italian football club
Achraf Hakimi of Inter Milan on Friday tested negative for the novel coronavirus, after Wednesday's positive result.
"FC Internazionale Milano [Inter Milan] can confirm that a swab test taken by Achraf Hakimi yesterday has come back negative," Inter said in a statement.
"Hakimi, who is completely asymptomatic, will undergo another swab test today to determine his current situation," Inter added.
The 21-year-old Moroccan right midfielder previously tested positive for the virus this week to miss Inter's UEFA Champions League Group B match against Borussia Monchengladbach that ended 2-2 in Milan on Wednesday.
Inter signed Hakimi from Spain's Real Madrid last month with a deal that will keep him in Giuseppe Meazza Stadium until 2025.
In addition to Real Madrid, he previously played for Borussia Dortmund in Germany.
Hakimi won the 2018 UEFA Champions League title with Real Madrid.
Separately, he played in the 2018 FIFA World Cup for his native Morocco.
Hakimi scored one goal and produced two assists in four Italian Serie A appearances this season for Inter.Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.