By Huseyin Burak Demirer
Red Bull-TAG Heuer team's Australian driver Daniel Ricciardo claimed the victory in the Monaco Grand Prix, the season's sixth race of Formula 1 World Championship on Sunday.
The competition was held at the Monaco Circuit, whose length is 3.3 kilometers (2 miles), comprising 78 laps. The distance covered in the race was 260.2 kilometers (161.6 miles).
Ricciardo, who started the race in Monaco in pole position, secured his lead as of 29th lap despite facing a power loss in his car's engine. With this triumph in Monaco, Ricciardo has earned his second win this season.
Red Bull-TAG Heuer driver Ricciardo was previously victorious in the Chinese Grand Prix held in Shanghai on April 15.
In Monaco, Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel completed the race as runner-up. He was 7.3 seconds behind Ricciardo. In addition Mercedes' British driver Lewis Hamilton came third in Monaco. The gap between the winner and Hamilton was 17 seconds.
This season's seventh race, Canadian Grand Prix will be held on June 10
- Top 10 drivers in Monaco Grand Prix
1. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull-TAG Heuer)
2. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
3. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
4. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
5. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
6. Esteban Ocon (Force India-Mercedes)
7. Pierre Gasly (Toro Rosso-Honda)
8. Nico Hulkenberg (Renault)
9. Max Verstappen (Red Bull-TAG Heuer)
10. Carlos Sainz (Renault)
1. Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain): 110 points
2. Sebastian Vettel (Germany): 96
3. Daniel Ricciardo (Australia): 72
4. Valtteri Bottas (Finland): 68
5. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland): 60
- Constructor Standings
1. Mercedes: 178 points
2. Ferrari: 156
3. Red Bull: 107
4. Renault: 46
5. McLaren: 40