The death toll from a suicide bombing in Iraq's western Anbar province on Tuesday has risen to 17, according to a local government official.
A bomber blew himself up near a school in central Heet city, west of Ramadi, on Tuesday.
"Four military personnel and a TV correspondent were among the victims," Mohamed al-Mohammadi, chief of Heet local council, told Anadolu Agency on Wednesday.
He said 35 people were injured in the attack, including four military personnel and a photojournalist.
No group has claimed responsibility for the bombing, which came shortly after a twin bombing killed and injured scores in the capital Baghdad.
Since October of last year, Iraqi forces have been waging large-scale military operations aimed at driving Daesh from Mosul, the terrorist group’s last major stronghold in northern Iraq.
Reporting by Suleiman al-Qubeisi; Writing by Mahmoud BarakatAnadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.