Houthi group claims it killed Sudanese soldiers in Taiz
No comments on Houthi claims so far by Saudi-led Arab Coalition in Yemen
Houthi group on Monday said that it killed and injured a number of Sudanese soldiers in a rocket attack on Taiz governorate in western Yemen.
The Houthi rebels launched a rocket attack on Sunday night against a gathering of Sudanese soldiers in Taiz governorate, which caused deaths and injuries among the soldiers, according to the Houthi-run Al-Masirah TV.
So far, no response or comment has been made by the Sudanese army or the Arab Coalition in Yemen.
Sudan is part of the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen which was formed in 2015 to fight the Iran-backed Houthis.
The war in Yemen has taken a heavy toll on the country’s infrastructure, destroying hospitals, schools, and factories.
The UN estimates more than 70,000 people have been killed in the raging conflict since 2016. It also said over 24 million Yemenis are in dire need for humanitarian aid, including 10 million suffering from extreme levels of hunger.
*Ahmed Asmar contributed to this report from Ankara.Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.