Bangsamoro announces new immunization program
COVID-19 cases climb to 1,477, including 56 deaths, officials say
The Bangsamoro Muslim autonomous region in the southern Philippines has announced to begin fresh immunization program against measles, rubella and polio.
Addressing a news conference in Cotabato streamed live on the social media on Wednesday, officials of the Health Ministry said that immunization campaign will start from Monday.
The official said a nationwide “behavior change” campaign was also launched that centers on mandating masks, ensuring sanitation and physical distancing, and fighting fake news.
About COVID-19 situation in the southern region of Philippines, the officials said there were a total of 1,477 cases, of whom 319 are active.
The death toll from the virus stands at 56
Last week, the government has also launched a campaign against child marriage.
Bainon Karon, the chairwoman of Bangsamoro Women Commission, told a webinar that the activity “aims to advance the welfare of young girls in the region.”
The statement said the campaign aims at strengthening adolescent girls’ participation in decision-making processes, especially in crafting government policies that address child marriage issues in the region.
“We already filed the resolution of the Bangsamoro parliament entitled, ‘Resolution recognizing the International day of the Girl/Child and supporting the advancement of girls’ rights in Bangsamoro’,” said Karon, who is also a member of the local parliament.Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.