German police identified the gunman who opened fire on Wednesday outside a synagogue and a doner restaurant as Stephan B., a 27-year-old far-right extremist, local media reported.
The neo-Nazi suspect, who killed two people and injured two others in the eastern city of Halle, filmed the shootings with a helmet camera and uploaded this on social media, German Press Agency DPA reported.
German police has confirmed that one suspect was currently under arrest but declined to give any more detail as the investigation was ongoing.
Halle police spokesman Ralf Karlstedt told reporters earlier that unknown gunman or gunmen killed a woman on a street outside the synagogue in the Paulus quarter of the city and a man at the doner restaurant a few hundred meters away.
Eyewitnesses told n-tv television that one gunman, who was wearing a military camouflage, first threw an explosive to the door of the doner restaurant and later shot several times with an assault rifle.
The gunman later fled the scene in a car for an unknown direction.
Hundreds of special anti-terror police joined the hunt to arrest him in the cities of Halle and Leipzig.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.