Turkey's cultural expenditure on rise in 2017
Expenditures for household increase 8.7 pct year-on-year, according to official data
By Tuba Sahin
Turkey spent 44 billion Turkish liras ($12 billion)
The government expenditures amounted to 64.2 percent of sum while the rest -- 35.8 percent -- was spent by private bodies, according to the Turkish Statistical Institute (TurkStat).
"The ratio of cultural expenditures to gross domestic product remained
General government cultural spending reached 28.3 billion Turkish liras ($7.8 billion) last year, up 26.1 percent on a yearly basis.
The institute said that the cultural expenditures for household increased by 8.7 percent year-on-year to reach 15.3 billion
Most of the household expenditure was made on television-TV broadcasting with 31.2 percent.
It was followed by books, newspapers
Data processing equipment got 10.9 percent, while
Turkey's exports of cultural goods rose 28.9 percent from 19.1 billion Turkish liras ($6.3 billion) in 2016 to 24.7 billion Turkish liras ($6.8 billion) in 2017, according to data.
Cultural goods' share of Turkey's overall exports was 4.3 percent last year.
Handcrafts took the lion's share of Turkish cultural good exports in 2017 with generating 17.9 billion Turkish liras ($4.9 billion) of revenue.Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.