2 security personnel killed in attack in northern Pakistan
Terrorists opened fire on security checkpoint in Diamer district, local government spokesman tells Anadolu

ISLAMABAD
At least two security personnel were killed and another injured in a militant attack in the northern Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) region, an official said on Friday.
The attack occurred in Diamer district when terrorists fired on a Gilgit-Baltistan Scouts checkpoint on Karakoram Highway, Faizullah Faraq, spokesman for the Gilgit-Baltistan government, told Anadolu over the phone.
Faraq said that security forces and police had cordoned off the area and launched a search operation to apprehend the terrorists.
"This is an attack on the entire Gilgit-Baltistan, and we will deal with them with an iron hand," he said.
In 2023, militants attacked a passenger bus in the same area, killing 10 people.
Earlier in 2021, at least 12 people, including nine Chinese nationals, were killed when their bus was targeted in the Kohistan district bordering the Chilas area of GB.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.