Africa

Turkey calls for restraint after Saudi pipeline attack

'We call for avoiding any provocative steps that could harm security and stability in the region,' says Foreign Ministry

Nilay Kar   | 18.05.2019
Turkey calls for restraint after Saudi pipeline attack

Ankara

ANKARA 

Turkey’s Foreign Ministry condemned a drone attack earlier this week that targeted two pumping stations along Saudi Arabia’s strategic East-West oil pipeline, calling for restraint in the region. 

“We condemn the May 14 attack on two oil installations in Saudi Arabia’s Yanbu port, which was apparently carried out by Houthi rebels with drones,” spokesperson Hami Aksoy said Friday in a statement.

“We call for avoiding any provocative steps that could harm security and stability in the region,” Aksoy added.

The pipeline carries oil from Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province to the port of Yanbu.

On Wednesday, Saudi Arabia sent a letter to the UN Security Council blaming Iran and the Houthis for the attack, which reportedly caused significant damage.

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
Related topics
Bu haberi paylaşın