Turkey 'strongly' condemns Kabul suicide attack
Turkish Foreign Ministry expresses sorrow over attack killing at least 25 people in Afghan capital
By Diyar Guldogan
Turkish Foreign Ministry on Wednesday "strongly" condemned a terrorist attack that claimed dozens of lives in the Afghan capital Kabul.
"We learned with sorrow that the terrorist attack that targeted an educational institution in Kabul today resulted in the loss of lives and injuries," the ministry said in a statement.
The ministry also wished Allah’s mercy upon those who lost their lives, speedy recovery to the wounded, and conveyed condolences to the "friendly" government and the "brotherly" people of Afghanistan.
At least 48 people were killed and more than 30 others injured when a suspected suicide bomber detonated his explosives at a private student coaching center.
Police spokesman Hashmat Stanikzai told Anadolu Agency the bomber targeted the Dasht-e-Barchi area, a Shia majority part of the city, in the afternoon.
So far, there has been no immediate claim of responsibility.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahed tweeted the armed group was not involved in the attack.Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.