Istanbul airport attack suspects presented before court
Among 16 suspects sent to court in port city, 11 are foreigners
By Mustafa Hatipoglu, Ali Cevahir Akturk and Halil Demir
Sixteen suspects linked to the Istanbul airport terror attack were presented before a court in the port city Monday, a security source told Anadolu Agency.
The suspects, including 11 foreigners were sent to the Bakirkoy courthouse following their medical examination, the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media, said.
They have been charged with being members of a terrorist organization.
Earlier Sunday, Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said 29 people had been arrested in connection with Tuesday’s gun-and-bomb attack at Ataturk International Airport that left 44 dead and more than 200 injured.Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.