Turkey

Fire breaks out at empty Istanbul hotel

Four people were hospitalized due to smoke inhalation

12.01.2016
Fire breaks out at empty Istanbul hotel

Ankara

ISTANBUL

A fire broke out Tuesday morning at an empty hotel building in Istanbul's Maltepe district.

An official from the Istanbul fire department said four people were taken to hospital due to smoke inhalation.

The firefighters rescued nearly 20 people from inside the building.

The fire at the 12 storey hotel -- which has been under renovation -- was caused by welding sparks, according to Maltepe Mayor Ali Kilic.


Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
Related topics
Bu haberi paylaşın