2 Daesh/ISIS suspects remanded in custody in Turkey
Another Daesh/ISIS suspect previously released from jail arrested again in Adana province
Two suspects linked to the Daesh/ISIS terror group were remanded in custody in Turkey’s northwestern Sakarya province, judicial sources said on Tuesday.
The Syrian and Iraqi national were among three suspects arrested in simultaneous operations in Adana, Ankara, and Bolu provinces, said the sources, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on speaking to the media.
The third suspect was released on probation, the sources added.
Separately, another Daesh/ISIS terror suspect was arrested in Adana province.
The suspect, identified as 41-year-old Irfan C., had previously served four years in prison.
He was under surveillance after his release from jail and was found to be in contact with Daesh/ISIS terrorists, leading to his re-arrest.
In 2013, Turkey became one of the first countries to declare Daesh/ISIS a terrorist group.
The country has since been attacked by the terror group multiple times, with over 300 people killed and hundreds more injured in at least 10 suicide bombings, seven bomb attacks, and four armed assaults.
In response, Turkey launched anti-terror operations at home and abroad to prevent further attacks.
* Writing by Ali Murat Alhas
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.