Anadolu Agency's Morning Briefing - June 20, 2022
Daily briefing on the latest developments around the world
• Former guerrilla member Gustavo Petro was elected Colombia’s president Sunday in a historic victory for the left in Latin America.
• French President Emmanuel Macron's Ensemble alliance suffered a huge setback Sunday as his coalition failed to secure an absolute majority in legislative elections, putting it at risk of forging alliances with other parties.
• The Israeli president in a phone call thanked his Turkish counterpart for Ankara’s efforts in combatting terrorism, Türkiye's Communications Directorate said Sunday.
• Spain’s conservative Popular Party (PP) achieved historic results Sunday in the region of Andalusia, winning a majority government and blocking out the far-right Vox party.
• The Czech Republic won the CEV Men's Volleyball European Golden League 2022 on Sunday by beating Türkiye 3-1 in the final.
• Dutch driver Max Verstappen of Red Bull Racing won the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday with a time of 1:36:21.757.
• Kosovo President Vjosa Osmani after a meeting with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on Sunday said her country has "excellent interstate relations" with Türkiye.
• China successfully conducted a land-based, mid-course anti-ballistic missile test on Sunday within the country's borders.
• Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid will pay a visit to Türkiye on Thursday, the Turkish Foreign Ministry announced Sunday.
• Talks between Türkiye, Sweden and Finland will continue Monday, the Finnish President’s Office announced Sunday.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.