The three suicide bombers who carried out the attack on Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport were foreigners, a prosecution source said Thursday.
The attackers, who opened fire at the airport on Tuesday night before detonating explosives, killing 43 people, were identified as a Russian national from Dagestan in the north Caucasus, an Uzbek citizen and another from Kyrgyzstan.
The source, who is familiar with the investigation, spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on speaking to the media.
Among those killed were 19 foreign nationals, Interior Minister Efkan Ala said.
The Istanbul Governor’s office said Thursday that 13 suspects had been arrested in connection with the attack -- four of them foreigners.
The governorship added that, of the 238 admitted to hospital after being injured in the attack, 144 had been discharged by Thursday.
*Anadolu Agency Correspondent Fatma Bulbul contributed to this report from Istanbul.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.