Formula 1: Raikkonen wins US Grand Prix
Max Verstappen for red Bull-TAG Heuer finishes race 2nd, Lewis Hamilton for Mercedes comes 3rd
By Mutlu Demirtastan
Ferrari's Finnish driver Kimi Raikkonen has won the U.S. Grand Prix on Sunday.
The 18th race of the season in Formula 1 was conducted in Austin, Texas on a 5,513-meter track.
The Dutch driver Max Verstappen racing for red Bull-TAG Heuer finished the race second while Great Britain’s Lewis Hamilton for Mercedes came third.
Hamilton’s title rival Germany’s Sebastian Vettel for Ferrari was fourth in the race.
The 19th race of the season -- the Mexican Grand Prix -- will be held on Oct. 28.
US Grand Prix's Top 10 drivers:
1. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
2. Max Verstappen (Red Bull-TAG Heuer)
3. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
4. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
5. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
6. Nico Hulkenberg (Renault)
7. Carlos Sainz (Renault)
8. Esteban Ocon (Racing Point Force India)
9. Kevin Magnussen (Haas-Ferrari)
10. Sergio Perez (Racing Point Force India)
1. Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain): 346 point
2. Sebastian Vettel (Germany): 276
3. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland): 221
4. Valtteri Bottas (Finland): 217 5. Max Verstappen (Netherlands): 191
1. Mercedes: 563 point
2. Ferrari: 497 3. Red Bull: 337
4. Renault: 106 5. Haas: 86Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.