2019 WRC season to kick off on January 24
Rally Turkey will be the 11th leg of new season schedule, to be held between Sept. 12-15
By Bugra Ersavas
World Rally Championship -- one of the world most prestigious motorsports organizations -- will kick off with Rally Monte Carlo on January 24.
The new season calendar had been given green light by the International Federation of Automobile (FIA) during a meeting in Paris on Friday.
With its new stage in Chile, there will be 14 hosting countries in 2019 WRC season.
Turkey had hosted a WRC for the first time since 2010 in 2018 in Marmaris -- a touristic district of Mugla in Aegean region.
This year, Rally Turkey will be the 11th leg of the schedule, between Sept. 12-15.
"Turkey successfully brought a WRC footprint back to the Asian continent and Chile will prove an equally worthy addition to the 2019 calendar," said FIA officials after the
Here is the WRC 2019 calendar:
1. Rally Monte Carlo (Jan. 24-27)
2. Rally Sweden (Feb. 14-17)
3. Rally Mexico (Mar. 7-10)
4. Tour de Corse/Rally France (Mar. 28-31)
5. Rally Argentina (Apr. 25-28)
6. Rally Chile (May 9-12)
7. Rally Portugal (May 30-Jun. 2)
8. Rally Italy (Jun. 13-16)
9. Rally Finland (Aug. 1-4)
10. Rally Germany (Aug. 22-25)
11. Rally Turkey (Sept. 12-15)
12. Rally Great Britain (Oct. 3-6)
13. Rally Spain (Oct. 24-27)
14. Rally Australia (Nov. 14-17)Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.