Turkey, Politics

Malaysia hands over '3 FETO members' to Turkey

FM Mevlut Cavusoglu says Turkey will continue its fight against FETO, both inland and abroad, till the end

Emin Avundukluoğlu   | 14.10.2016
Malaysia hands over '3 FETO members' to Turkey Turkish FM Mevlut Cavusoglu

Antalya

ANTALYA, Turkey 

Malaysia handed over three members of the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) to Turkey late Thursday, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said Friday.

In remarks made to the media in southwestern Turkey’s Antalya province, Cavusoglu said a FETO member had infiltrated the Second Asia Cooperation Dialogue Summit in Bangkok last week. "They threw him out. This is an organization which tries to infiltrate everywhere."

He reiterated that Turkey would continue its fight against FETO till the end. "Our fight against them will continue till the end, both inland and abroad. We will not stop following them."

About his meeting with Malaysian Premier Najib Razak last week, Cavusoglu said Razak told him Malaysia would surrender the three FETO members to Turkey during the summit in Bangkok.

"I gave the information [about the FETO members] to our president, prime minister and related [state] institutions after I returned to Turkey. They surrendered the three people last night following the mutual dialogues," he said.

Turkey accuses FETO, which is led by U.S.-based Fetullah Gulen, of organizing the July 15 coup attempt as well as a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary. 

The defeated coup left 241 people martyred and some 2,200 injured. 

*Reporting by Ayse Yildiz; Writing by Emin Avundukluoglu


Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
Related topics
Bu haberi paylaşın