Asiye Yilmaz
24 April 2026•Update: 24 April 2026
An investigation on Thursday identified several individuals allegedly involved in producing content for Canary Mission, a pro-Israel website accused of targeting pro-Palestine activists and academics.
According to Drop Site, the platform is operated by the Israel-based nonprofit Megamot Shalom, whose financial filings list several US-born employees as top-paid staff working as content writers, editors and consultants between 2016 and 2024.
The report identified at least five individuals connected to the group’s content production, saying they were responsible for preparing and editing dossiers published on Canary Mission. It also said the individuals had links to each other and to organizations involved in pro-Israel advocacy.
The findings are based on a review of official Israeli government filings showing Megamot Shalom received millions of dollars in funding from overseas donors, including US-based nonprofits. Some funds were reportedly earmarked for Canary Mission.
The investigation also cited previously undisclosed internal websites allegedly used to manage and stage content before publication, which it said further linked the nonprofit to the platform’s operations.
Canary Mission, launched in 2015, has long operated anonymously while publishing profiles of students, academics and activists critical of Israel. Rights groups have criticized the site over alleged doxxing practices and intimidation.
The report further highlighted connections between the nonprofit’s staff and various educational, legal and advocacy organizations in Israel and the US, as well as links to a New York-based charity used to channel donations.
It also said Canary Mission content was used by US authorities in 2025 to help identify foreign students for detention or deportation, according to court testimony cited in the report.