By Can Erozden
Turkey condemned the terrorist attack in Syria's northern city of Manbij on Wednesday which killed U.S. soldiers and civilians.
Turkey is saddened by the bombing attack killing U.S. soldiers and civilians in the center of Manbij and strongly condemns this heinous terrorist attack, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
It stressed Turkey's will to apply the Manbij roadmap that Washington and Ankara confirmed last year to clear Manbij of terrorist groups and provide security and stability in this region.
It is said under this roadmap, Turkey will maintain its joint activities with the U.S.
Initial reports suggested four U.S. soldiers may have been killed in the Manbij attack, which was claimed by the terrorist group Daesh.
Manbij remains under the control of the PYD/YPG, the Syrian affiliate of the PKK terrorist organization.
During its 30-year terrorist campaign against Turkey, the PKK has taken some 40,000 lives. The PYD/YPG is its Syrian branch.
The attack came after U.S. President Donald Trump's surprise announcement last month of the withdrawal of American forces from Syria.
The pullout decision came during a phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in which the two leaders agreed on the need for more effective coordination over the civil war-torn country.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.