Middle East

9 still missing after Beirut port blast: Lebanon army

Explosion killed 192 people and injured over 6,000 people

Riya Shrouti   | 19.09.2020
9 still missing after Beirut port blast: Lebanon army

BEIRUT 

The Lebanese army said on Saturday that nine people were still missing after last month’s explosion at the Beirut port.

A military statement said that two Syrian nationals were among those still missing after the port blast.

“This file will not be closed as long as investigations continue,” the statement said.

On Aug. 4, a huge explosion in the port of Beirut rocked the city, killing 192 people and injuring over 6,000 people.

The blast caused damage estimated at $15 billion, according to official figures.

The explosion occurred as Lebanon was experiencing its worst economic crisis, including a dramatic drop in the value of the pound against the dollar.


*Bassel Barakat contributed to this report from Ankara

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
Related topics
Bu haberi paylaşın