World, Jamal Khashoggi

US' Pompeo warns of responses if Saudi killed Khashoggi

'It's not something consistent with American values,' Pompeo says of extrajudicial killings

Michael Hernandez   | 19.10.2018
US' Pompeo warns of responses if Saudi killed Khashoggi

Washington DC

By Michael Hernandez

WASHINGTON

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo warned Friday of a "wide range" of responses if Saudi Arabia is responsible for the disappearance and possible murder of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi.

"We don’t approve of extrajudicial killings," Pompeo told Voice of America radio. "It's not something consistent with American values, and that it is their responsibility as the incident happened in their consulate, it is their responsibility to get to the bottom of this."

Pompeo earlier this week traveled to Saudi Arabia and Turkey to discuss the case.

Khashoggi has been missing since Oct. 2 when he was last seen entering the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
Related topics
Bu haberi paylaşın