Kuwait on Thursday announced the first recovery in a coronavirus case in the country, the state media reported.
Health Minister Basel Al-Sabah said that the patient's tests showed that a 36-year-old Kuwaiti citizen is no longer infected with the novel virus, said the official KUNA news agency.
He said that the citizen will be discharged after having all required regular tests.
Earlier on Thursday, the Kuwaiti Health Ministry confirmed two new cases of the coronavirus, taking the number of total cases to 58.
According to a Kuwaiti health official, the two new cases contracted the virus after visiting Iran, and they have been in quarantine.
So far, Kuwait has evacuated around 800 citizens from Iran, where the death toll has climbed to 107, according to the latest figures of the Iranian Health Ministry.
The number of confirmed cases across the globe has reached 95,000, with the death toll standing over 3,200.
* Ahmed Asmar contributed to this report from AnkaraAnadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.