The United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait on Thursday confirmed new fatalities from coronavirus, while Qatar, Oman, and Lebanon all reported new cases.
In the UAE, the Health Ministry said two more people died from COVID-19, bringing the toll to 208. The number of cases rose 698 to reach 21,084, it added. A total of 6,930 people in the country have so far recovered.
In a statement, the Moroccan Health Ministry said one patient died of the virus, taking the death toll to 189. Health officials in the country confirmed 81 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total to 6,593. A total of 3,222 people have recovered.
Qatar reported 1,733 new cases, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 28,272. The country’s death toll stands at 14, while 3,356 patients have recovered.
In Oman, the Health Ministry reported 322 new cases, raising the overall count to 4,341, including 17 fatalities and 1,303 recoveries.
In Lebanon, the country’s Health Ministry said the number of cases in the country has reached 886, while a total of 236 people have recovered.
In Saudi Arabia, 10 people died of the virus, taking the death toll to 283.
The Health Ministry confirmed 2,038 new cases, bringing the total to 46,869, while recoveries rose by 1,429 to reach 19,051.
In Kuwait, the death toll reached 88 after six COVID-19 patients died over the past 24 hours.
A total of 947 more cases were reported, raising the overall count to 11,975, including 3,451 recoveries, according to the Health Ministry.
After appearing in Wuhan, China late last year, the virus has spread to at least 188 countries and regions, according to figures compiled by the US’ Johns Hopkins University.
More than 4.39 million cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed worldwide, with over 299,000 deaths and more than 1.56 million recoveries.
*Writing by Zehra Nur Duz from Ankara