World, Asia - Pacific, Latest on coronavirus outbreak

Maldives confirms first death due to COVID-19

83-year-old woman dies of coronavirus, says health minister

Zehra Ulucak   | 30.04.2020
Maldives confirms first death due to COVID-19 File Photo

ANKARA 

Maldives on Thursday confirmed its first death from the coronavirus.

Maldivian Health Minister Abdulla Ameen said an 83-year-old woman from the capital Male died due to the virus.

So far, the country reported 278 confirmed cases, and a total of 17 people recovered from COVID-19.

Since first appearing in Wuhan, China last December, the novel coronavirus, officially known as COVID-19, has spread to at least 185 countries and regions, with the US and Europe the hardest-hit areas.

More than 3.19 million cases have been reported worldwide, with the death toll surpassing 227,700 and over 980,700 recoveries, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University in the US.

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
Related topics
Bu haberi paylaşın